The XVIIIth International Congress
of Comparative Law
American University Washington College of Law
George Washington University Law School
Georgetown University Law Center
July 25 - August 1, 2010
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Washington, DC
Welcome to the XVIIIth International Congress of Comparative Law
Registration and Information Website
Online Registration (Visa, Mastercard)
Register by Mail (checks or American Express, Mastercard or Visa)
- Registration Form (PDF) - Please download and print
- Please use one form per registration and include full payment
- Please mail to Office of Special Events and Continuing Legal Education, American University Washington College of Law, 4801 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016, USA. If paying by credit card, the form may be faxed to (001) 202-274-4079.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
- Substitutions are welcome but please forward the names as soon as possible
- Registration cancellations must be made in writing, by fax (001) 202-274-4079 or by email (email@example.com) and received by June 1, 2010
- Please note that no telephone cancellations will be accepted
- Cancellations received by June 1, 2010 will result in a full refund less a $100 administrative fee
- Registrants are responsible for hotel and other accommodation reservations and are subject to the respective cancellation policies
- Unfortunately, we are unable to refund registration fees after July 9.
- Prior to July 9, there will be a full refund less $100 administrative costs
Academy Topics and Agenda
- View current topics, special sessions and informal breakout lunches
- View the current agenda
- Please note that changes and updates may be made due to further planning and speaker confirmations, although changes in the schedule will be kept to a minimum
Hospitality; Events, Meals and Sightseeing Information
- A summary is available on the hospitality page
- There is a wealth of attractions in Washington, DC: visit washington.org
Continuing Legal Education
- Accreditation for the program will be applied for with a total of 25.5 credits available
- Washington College of Law is an accredited provider for Pennsylvania, New York and Virginia and accreditation can be obtained from all other states upon request.
- Please indicate on the registration form which state(s) you would like accreditation for and all appropriate paperwork will be available at the registration desk on site.
- Materials, such as biographies, general and national reports (to the extent available) will be posted on this website as they become available, subject to the authors and publishers' permission. Note that Springer will be publishing the volume of general reports and they will accordingly be removed from the website by the end of August 2010.
- The headquarters hotel is:
1150 22nd Street, NW
Washington DC 20037, USA
Hotel ph: (001) 202-835-0500
Hotel fax: (001) 202-835-0500
- An extraordinary discounted rate has been negotiated for this first class hotel of $229.00 per room per night plus 14.5% state, local and occupancy taxes
- The group rate will be offered for 3 days prior to and for 3 days following the conference dates, based on availability (July 21 - August 3)
- Rooms at the headquarters hotel at the special rate are limited. To avoid disappointment, please register as soon as possible
- Deadline: Registrations at the hotel must be made no later than Monday, July 7, 2010 to obtain the conference rate, which is subject to availability. Discounted rooms may sell out well before July 7, 2010
- For hotel reservations:
- Visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/WashingtonDC.
- Select group/Promo code at the right side of the screen.
- In the second box that drops down, under Group Code, enter CLPCLPA
- Make your reservation at the special conference rate of $229
- Alternatively, you can call (001) 202-835-0500
- There are a limited number of dormitory rooms available at the George Washington University for a price lower than the price of local hotels. Rates are not yet set but will probably be under $50 per person per night for shared space and under $75 per night for a single room. The rooms are reasonably nice for dormitory rooms and are located near the conference hotel. The number of dormitory rooms is limited. Please indicate on the dormitory section of the registration form that you are interested and information will be sent to you in early 2010. Dorm room availability is strictly first come first serve based on the date of a completed registration form.
The Congress will take place at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel (see above) and at the three host Law Schools:
4801 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, DC, 20016
2000 H Street, NW
(20th & H Streets, NW)
Washington, DC 20052
600 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Czech Yearbook of International Law
Juris Publishing is honoured to be publisher of the Czech Yearbook of International Law (CYIL) www.czechyearbook.org. The CYIL is to be an ongoing annual work representing leading scholarship in both a comparative and international law context from the Czech Republic and countries of Central and Eastern Europe. The CYIL is focused on such issues as international treaties in the context of EU law, international contractual relations, protection of international human rights, international criminal law, investment protection and international arbitration. It brings together articles of professionals who offer unique insight into how these special legal issues are regulated in European legal culture and its legal connotations from both the comparative and international law perspective. The CYIL includes articles as well as book reviews, notes and information and overviews of scholarship in the field of international law, written by leading authorities from the Czech Republic, the surrounding region and the wider international legal community. Authors include academicians, attorneys, justice staff, and practitioners in the field of international law. The CYIL represents an ongoing annual review and analysis of major issues involving public and private international law, including related aspects of European and constitutional law. The integrity of this collection is ensured by the Editorial and Advisory Boards, which are composed of prominent practitioners and scholars from the local, regional and international legal communities.
Juris Publishing Inc.
Juris Publishing www.jurispub.com is a leading global publisher of legal information based in New York. Juris publishes leading international works in such practice areas as antitrust and competition, arbitration and dispute resolution, business transactions and investment, litigation, and both private and public international law in general. Juris has formed cooperative publishing relationships with some of the most prestigious institutes and universities in the world, these include: the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the American Law Institute (ALI), the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), Columbia University School of Law, Fordham University School of Law and Duke University's Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies.
- If you would like to become a Congress Sponsor, please visit the sponsors page
- Juris Publishing/Czech Yearbook
- American Journal of Comparative Law
- BRILL/Martinus Nijhoff Publishers
- Carolina Academic Press
- Edward Elgar Publishing
- Hart Publishing/International Specialized Book Services
- Kluwer Law International
- Oxford University Press
- Springer SBM
- Exhibitors will have an opportunity to reach an estimated 500 Congress participants
- If you would like more information on becoming an exhibitor, please visit the exhibitors page