Our upcoming events and upcoming events in the D.C. area are listed below. For information about past events, including webcasts and podcasts, please visit our past events section. View our Recent News page and our Photo Gallery for recaps and photos of recent events.
Events at American University Washington College of Law
Careers for Climate Change & Environmental Justice Alumni Panel
Tuesday, March 31, 6:30-8:00pm
Mary Graydon Center, Rooms 4-5
Passionate about environmental justice, climate change, and sustainability? Join the Career Center and Office of Development and Alumni Relations for a panel and networking event with alumni who have turned that passion into a career. Alumni from a variety of professional and academic fields will discuss career opportunities in environmental justice, climate change, and sustainability.
Alumni panelists include:
- Elizabeth Lopez, SIS/MA '13, Senior Officer for Climate Change, Partners of the Americas
- John Noel, SIS/MA '13, National Oil and Gas Campaigns Coordinator, Clean Water Action
- Xiomei Tan, SPA/PhD '05, Climate Change Specialist, Climate Change & Chemicals, Global Environment Facility
- Drew Veysey, CAS-SPA/BA '10, Vice President of Research and Development, Futurepast
- Moderator: Evan Berry, Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Religion and Co-Director of Ethics, Peace, and Global Affairs master's program.
To register for this event, log-in to AU CareerWeb.
DC Area Events
DC Green Scene
DC Green Scene is a new website that compiles energy and environment events in Washington, DC. They list policy seminars, conferences, congressional hearings, and media events happening here. Check out the DC Green Scene website!
DC Environmental Film Festival
Throughout Washington, DC
Check out the schedule and all the films in the DC Environmental FIlm Festival: https://www.dcenvironmentalfilmfest.org/!
For information about past events, please click here.