Handbooks - Community Corrections
The Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003: The Impact of National PREA Standards on Community Corrections
By: Jaime M. Yarussi, M.S. and Professor Brenda V. Smith
This handbook aims to educate community corrections staff on:
- Why community correctional staff and administrators need to be concerned about sexual abuse of offenders.
- Identifying inappropriate relationships with and between offenders.
- The impact of the National PREA Standards on agency policies, practices and special concerns community correctional staff have in addressing PREA.
- Where reports of sexual abuse may come from and the duties of first responders.
- The consequences are for sexual abuse of offenders.
- How community correctional staff members can prevent sexual abuse of offenders.