Welcome to Christian Legal Society
The American University Washington College of Law’s Christian Legal Society (CLS) is dedicated to serving Jesus Christ through the practice and study of law. CLS seeks to fulfill God’s command found in Micah 6:8 to “act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God.” We do this by inspiring, encouraging, and equipping Christian attorneys and law students, both individually and in community, to proclaim, love, and serve Christ through their law practice. By providing mentors and resources to law students, we endeavor to foster spiritual growth and show others the love of Christ in our words and actions. We seek to provide a safe community where law students from all denominations and backgrounds feel welcome.
AUWCL CLS objectives:
1. To honor Christ by loving, supporting, and encouraging our neighbors.
2. To proclaim Jesus as Lord through all we do.
3. To encourage Christian attorneys to view law as a ministry and help them integrate faith and their legal practice.
4. To provide Christian attorneys a means of society, fellowship, and discipleship.
5. To provide a forum for discussing issues related to Christianity and the law.
6. To provide a safe community where law students from all denominations and backgrounds feel welcome.