The Office of Development and Alumni Relations at American University Washington College of Law (DAR) is committed to establishing and strengthening relationships with alumni, faculty, staff, institutional partners, and friends in order to attract the philanthropic support necessary for advancing the critically important mission of AUWCL.
As an office of dedicated and experienced professionals committed to advancing AUWCL, we are relied upon by internal and external audiences to: serve members of our diverse and global community; foster and strengthen engagement between alumni and their alma mater; and create an environment in which our community pride translates into philanthropic investment.
- Inclusivity: we value individual qualities and create a welcoming environment of alumni supporters of all backgrounds.
- Integrity: we operate with transparency and are committed to the highest quality ethical standards.
- Excellence: we uphold ourselves to innovative practices that ensure the delivery of superior customer service.
- Pride: we aim to foster feelings of nostalgia and goodwill towards the Alma Mater.
- Community: we provide the opportunity to strengthen and enhance alumni engagement.
- Lifelong Learning: we are committed to inspiring the ongoing exploration of new skills, interests and ambitions.
- Empowerment: we inspire personal and professional growth through active engagement, participation, and serving.