The Office of Development and Alumni Relations at American University Washington College of Law (DAR) is committed to advancing the mission of AUWCL by creating and executing strategies to increase the school’s financial resources through the establishment of relationships with the school’s alumni, faculty, staff, institutional partners and friends that foster commitment and philanthropic support to AUWCL.
As an office of dedicated and experienced professionals committed to advancing AUWCL, we are relied upon by internal and external audiences to: serve members of our diverse and global community; foster and strengthen engagement between alumni and their alma mater; and create an environment in which our community pride translates into philanthropic investment.
- Inclusivity: we value individual qualities and create a welcoming environment of alumni supporters of all backgrounds.
- Integrity: we operate with transparency and are committed to the highest quality ethical standards.
- Excellence: we uphold ourselves to innovative practices that ensure the delivery of superior customer service.
- Pride: we aim to foster feelings of nostalgia and goodwill towards the Alma Mater.
- Community: we provide the opportunity to strengthen and enhance alumni engagement.
- Lifelong Learning: we are committed to inspiring the ongoing exploration of new skills, interests and ambitions.
- Empowerment: we inspire personal and professional growth through active engagement, participation, and serving.