WCL Students Seeking Reciprocity at Other Schools
Current students should log on to Legal Careers 101 to view information regarding reciprocity. To find the password, simply log into CareerLink and look at the Employment Resources announcement near the bottom of the Home page.
WCL Alumni Seeking Reciprocity at Other Schools
What is reciprocity?
Reciprocity is a service that allows law students and alumni to look at other law school’s job boards. This allows students to look at job boards that have postings in a different location’s market.
Am I eligible for reciprocity at ____ school?
Different schools have different policies regarding reciprocity. Find out if you are eligible by checking the school’s reciprocity policy, which is usually available on their Career Services website.
Eligibility is based on what year you are in school, the time of the year, and if the school is local (For example, law schools in Washington D.C. will not offer reciprocity to a student from WCL because they have the same jobs we have).
Once you determine you are eligible, you ask OCPD to submit a request for you.
How do I request to use reciprocity at a school?
Here are the steps to request reciprocity:
- Review the school’s reciprocity policy on their website. If you cannot find it on the website, please email or call the school’s Career Services office to confirm your eligibility.
- NOTE: Most schools have certain parts of the year labelled as “Black-Out Dates.” These are times of the year when they have their most active recruitment season. Please pay attention to this on their website. OCPD cannot make a request on your behalf during this time period.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information to submit a request:
- Full Name
- Graduation Year
- Phone Number
- 3 Schools you are interested in receiving reciprocity from
- Your request to the school will be submitted within three business days. You will be cc’d on all correspondence to the school. Most schools have a 3 month term of reciprocity. At times, a request for reciprocity may be extended or renewed depending on the individual school’s policy.
Students and Alumni from Other Schools Seeking Reciprocity from WCL
What is reciprocity?
Reciprocity is a service that allows law students and alumni to look at other law school’s job boards. This allows students to look at job boards that might cater to a different location’s market. At WCL, reciprocity includes virtual access to the WCL job board, on our Symplicity Platform (“CareerLink”) Please note that reciprocity does not give you access to WCL events or career counseling.
Am I eligible for reciprocity at WCL?
Reciprocity from WCL is available to 2Ls, 3Ls, and alumni from law schools outside of the DC area.
Please note that reciprocity is not available from June 1 to August 5, during the On-Campus Recruitment Season. It does not include participation in WCL’s OCI or resume collections.
How do I request to use reciprocity at WCL?
Please ask a representative from your law school’s Career Services office to email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a formal request. This request should include:
- Your name
- Your graduation date
- Your preferred email address
Please allow up to three business days for WCL’s OCPD to review your request.
How does reciprocity from WCL work?
- After your request is received, an OCPD representative will review your request for approval.
- If it is approved, you and your school’s Career Services representative will receive an email confirming the approval and providing further directions.
- Your account will be set to automatically expire three months from the day your request was approved. If you would like to request an extension or renewal of your reciprocity request, please email email@example.com.