Domestic LL.M. Services
OCPD is committed to working with LL.M. students by helping them formulate dynamic job-search campaigns that correspond to their career interests. Because gaining practical experience and an expanded network in ones chosen field of law is critical to an effective career development campaign, it is important that domestic LL.M. students start their job search early, and strive to develop meaningful contacts with practitioners in their areas of interest. OCPD counselors offer the following services:
- One on one career counseling appointments and drop-in meetings focusing on: self - assessment; professionalism; resume, cover letter, and professional correspondence review; networking and informational interview; mock interview; and an effective job search strategy.
Please schedule your appointment online via CareerLink at least 24 hours in advance.*
Drop in hours are available on Thursdays.*
- Small group workshops on resumes, cover letters, job search strategies, interviewing and networking skills
- Speaker series and events on a variety of subjects including practice areas and career planning options.
- Job Search Resources:
Online database of job postings for students and alumni
Career Connection Newsletter
This bi-monthly Newsletter contains list of jobs and internship opportunities in the USA and abroad, and networking events happening in Washington, DC. Please click here to access the latest issue, and click here for the previous version.
The Mentor Program enables students and alumni to contact practicing alumni for the purposes of networking, general career advice, and informational interviews. The database can be searched by practice area, mentor name, graduation year, employer name, job title, firm size or geographic area
Explore Resources by Employment Sectors:
Explore Career and Professional Development Resources:
- Job Search Skills & Resources
- Professionalism & Online Public Image
- Job Application Documents
- Resources Library
- OCPD Library Catalogue
- General questions? CareerLink technical support? Have trouble finding or viewing a page on this site? Please email email@example.com
Office of Career & Professional Development • American University Washington College of Law
4300 Nebraska Ave NW, Suite C115 Washington, DC 20016 • 202-274-4090 F: 202-274-4096