Arbitration Summer Session Exam Information
The 2015 International Arbitration Summer Session offers 6 one-credit courses in English and 3 courses in Spanish:
Courses in English:
- Introduction to the Practice of International Commercial Arbitration
- Investor-State Arbitration
- International Commercial Arbitration and Choice-of-Law Issues
- Contributions of the ICC Court of Arbitration to the Practice of International Commercial Arbitration
- Damages and Compensation in International Commercial and Investment Arbitration
- Workshop: Advocacy in International Arbitration (exam is based on class performance)
Courses in Spanish:
- Arbitraje Comercial Internacional;
- Arbitraje Inversionista - Estado;
- Seminario Avanzado: Aspectos Prácticos del Proceso Arbitral
Please note that Exams are optional for certificate students. All students will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
Students may download the take-home exams from the day after the last class of the course has taken place. The exam will be available online until July 1, 2015 (5:00pm DC Time) at MyWCL
Given the interrelated nature of these courses, students taking more than one course are advised to take all the exams at the end of the three week session. Students are allowed the accumulated time permitted for each individual exam. That way, students can use the knowledge they have acquired through the whole session.
If you are taking one course, you would have one day or 24 hours to complete your exam, as explained below.
- 1 course: Arbitration Exam is due in 1 day, or 24 hours;
- 2 courses: Arbitration exams are due in 2 days, or 48 hours;
- 3 courses: Arbitration exams are due in 3 days, or 72 hours;
- 4 courses: Arbitration exams are due in 4 days, or 96 hours; and
- 5 courses: Arbitration exams are due in 5 days, or 120 hours;
The exam must be uploaded within the allotted time. Any exam that is returned after the allotted time period will be given a failing grade. Under no circumstances are you allowed to exceed the allotted time period. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-274-4321.