Second Annual Summer Session: May 20-June 15, 2006
American University Washington College of Law (WCL) announces its second annual Summer Session on International Arbitration. Each year the International Arbitration Program will gather a distinguished faculty of leading practitioners in the area of international arbitration on the practical and theoretical aspects of specific international arbitration topics.
This year's faculty experts for the summer session include:
- Stanimir Alexandrov, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP
- Henri Alvarez, Fasken Martineau Dumoulin LLP
- Aurélia Antonietti, Counsel, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Janis Brennan, Foley Hoag LLP, D.C., USA
- Lorraine Brennan, Director, Arbitration ADR, North America, ICC
- Marinn Carlson, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP
- Gonzalo Flores, Senior Counsel, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Dr. Ronald Goodman, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Dr. Horacio Grigera Naón, Director, International Arbitration Program
- Jennifer Haworth McCandless, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP
- Jean Kalicki, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Louis Kimmelman, O'Melveny & Myers LLP
- Loukas Mistelis, School of International Arbitration
- Elliot Polebaum, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, D.C., USA
The Summer Session, open to practitioners for continuing legal education (CLE) credit and to JD and LLM candidates for academic credit, will touch on practical and theoretical aspects of procedural and substantive law topics currently arising in the practice of international arbitration and their foreseeable future developments.
The International Arbitration Summer Session will consist of the following courses:
- Salient Issues in ICC Arbitration (1 credit);
- Nuts and Bolts of International Commercial Arbitration (1 credit);
- International Arbitration and Choice-of-Law Issues (1 credit);
- How to Conduct an Arbitration Hearing (1 credit); and
- Bilateral Investment Treaty Arbitration: Current Developments (1 credit).