2023 Waiting List Information
- Selected waiting list candidates are contacted beginning in April and continuing throughout the summer via email.
- If you will be unavailable by telephone and email at any point between now and the end of August, please designate a person who can make a deposit on your behalf. Email your designee's name and contact information to your admissions counselor.
- If your contact information changes after you submit this form, please email your admissions counselor with the updated information.
- Every matriculating JD student must provide an official final transcript from an undergraduate institution indicating degree conferral and conferral date no later than August 1 of the year in which they enroll. Therefore, if you do not have a final transcript on file by August 1, you will be removed from the waiting list. If you are a spring 2023 graduate and wish to remain in consideration for admission, please be sure to request a final, degree-conferring undergraduate transcript, sent to LSAC or directly to AUWCL by August 1.
- If you wish to indicate your continued interest, you can email your admissions counselor a brief Statement of Continued Interest no more than once a month. Please refrain from sending additional update items other than those indicated. While you are welcome to visit the law school, please note that we do not offer evaluative interviews.
- If a candidate is unsuccessful in gaining admission from the waiting list, final notification will be sent after classes have begun in late August or early September.
Waiting List Information Sessions
The Office of Admissions offers Waiting List Information Sessions on most Thursdays from 1:00-2:00pm ET from March 9th through May 4th. These sessions are open only to candidates currently on our waiting list and will discuss the waiting list process. Attendees may also participate in an Admissions Information Session. The waiting list will not be discussed in the Admissions Information Sessions so candidates with specific waiting list questions should attend the Waiting List session. View the schedule and RSVP here.
1) Confirming your Participation: Complete and submit the Waiting List Reply Form with accurate contact information within two weeks of receiving of your waiting list notification. The Check Your Application Status page will be updated within one week of submission of this form. If the Office of Admissions does not receive this form, we will assume you have made other plans for your legal education. Therefore, failure to submit the Waiting List Reply Form in a timely manner may result in being denied admission from the entering class and your application being withdrawn from further consideration without written notice.
2) Accepting our Offer of Admission: If a waiting list candidate is contacted for admission and decides to accept, in an effort to be fair to all candidates, they are required to submit a $900.00 non-refundable seat deposit online via the MyAU web portal within 24 hours of the offer. Both credit card and eCheck payments are accepted. The $900.00 deposit is credited toward fall tuition.
- Deferment of admission is not available to candidates admitted from the waiting list.
IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT THE WAITING LIST REPLY FORM, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.