2020 Waiting List Information
- Selected waiting list candidates are contacted beginning in April and continuing throughout the summer via email.
- If you will be unavailable by telephone and email at any point between now and August 20th, please designate a person who can make a deposit on your behalf. Email your designee's name and contact information to your admissions counselor.
- If your contact information changes after you submit this form, please email your admissions counselor with the updated information.
- Every matriculating JD student must provide an official final transcript from an undergraduate institution indicating degree conferral and conferral date no later than August 1 of the year in which they enroll. Therefore, if you do not have a final transcript on file by August 1, you will be removed from the waiting list. If you are a spring 2020 graduate and wish to remain in consideration for admission, please be sure to request a final, degree-conferring undergraduate transcript, sent to LSAC or directly to AUWCL by August 1.
- If you wish to indicate your continued interest, you can email your admissions counselor a brief Statement of Continued Interest no more than once a month. Please refrain from sending additional update items other than those indicated. While you are welcome to visit the law school, please note that we do not offer evaluative interviews.
- If a candidate is unsuccessful in gaining admission from the waiting list, final notification will be sent after classes have begun in late August or early September.
Waiting List Information Sessions
The Office of Admissions offers Waiting List Information Sessions on most Mondays and Fridays from mid-March to early-May. These sessions are open only to candidates currently on our waiting list and will discuss the waiting list process. Attendees may also participate in the General Information Session and/or tour that day. The waiting list will not be discussed in the General Information Sessions so candidates with specific waiting list questions should attend the Waiting List session. View the schedule and RSVP here.
1) Confirming your Participation: Complete and submit the Waiting List Reply Form with accurate contact information within two weeks of receiving of your waiting list notification. The Check Your Application Status page will be updated within one week of submission of this form. If the Office of Admissions does not receive this form, we will assume you have made other plans for your legal education. Therefore, failure to submit the Waiting List Reply Form in a timely manner may result in being denied admission from the entering class and your application being withdrawn from further consideration without written notice.
2) Applying for Financial Aid: Please be sure that you have completed all financial aid forms so we can expedite the award process if you are admitted. The FAFSA and AUWCL Need-Based Aid Application are due by March 1 regardless of whether or not you have received a final admission decision. If applicable, financial aid award letter will be generated after receipt of the deposit.
3) Accepting our Offer of Admission: If a waiting list candidate is contacted for admission and decides to accept, in an effort to be fair to all candidates, they are required to submit a $900.00 non-refundable seat deposit online via the MyAU web portal within 24 hours of the offer. Both credit card and eCheck payments are accepted. The $900.00 deposit is credited toward fall tuition.
- Deferment of admission is not available to candidates admitted from the waiting list.
IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT THE WAITING LIST REPLY FORM, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.