Annual Coaches Clinic - August 10-11, 2018
Join us for our Annual Coaches Clinic to learn the best practices for mock trial, moot court, and alternative dispute resolution competition teams from experienced coaches at the top advocacy programs in the nation. This is an opportunity to learn from the best of the best, increase your win record, and build professional relationships with others in your field. Topics include teaching evidence, developing case theories, using exhibits effectively, persuasive storytelling, resolving team conflicts, and effective feedback
This two-day program will start on Friday morning, August 10 at 9:00 a.m. and end on Saturday, August 11, by 4:00 p.m. at our beautiful new building in the nation’s capital at 4300 Nebraska Ave. NW Washington, D.C. 20016. Friday night will include a happy hour and dinner. Registration fees will include all meals.
- Professor Dennis M. Cota, University of California at Davis
- Professor Aimee Ghosh, American University
- Professor Joseph Lester, Faulkner University
- Professor Elizabeth L. Lippy, American University
- Professor Lindsey Cloud Mervis, Catholic University
- Professor Erika S. McArdle, Stetson University
- Professor Susan G. Poehls, Loyola Marymount University
- Professor Adam Shlahet, Fordham University
- Professor Daniel R. Tilly, Campbell University
- Professor Jeremy Widder, American University
The Marriott Courtyard is two metro stops away from the law school. We have negotiated a discounted rate of $209.00 for Thursday night and $119.00 for Friday and Saturday night. In order to reserve a room, contact the hotel reservations department at (301) 828-3364 x7000 by no later than July 9, 2018. Be sure to inform the reservation agent you are with the "American University National Coaches Clinic" group to take advantage of the discounted rate.
The registration fee for the clinic is $250.00. If your school sends more than one coach, then the second and subsequent fee will be $150.00. Please note that this fee includes all meals. Register HERE.
****REGISTER BEFORE JULY 1st AND RECEIVE A $50.00 DISCOUNT BY USING PROMO CODE “EARLY50”****
*Discounts cannot be combined.
For more information please email Elizabeth (Liz) Lippy at firstname.lastname@example.org.