Coaches & Competitions Clinic
August 10-11, 2018
Join us for our Annual Coaches & Competitions Clinic to learn the best practices for Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) competition teams from experienced coaches from top advocacy programs in the nation. This is an opportunity to learn from the best of the best, increase your win record, and build professional relationships with others in your field. Four of the nation’s premiere competitions will also host open forums to further the success of their competitions and foster an ongoing relationship with the coaching community. This is something you do not want to miss.
- Date: Friday August 10, 2018 8:30 a.m. – Saturday August 11, 2018 4:00 p.m.
- Location: American University Washington College of Law
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20016
Open Forum with National Competitions:
Participate in an Open Dialogue with the Following National Competitions -
- American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition (AAJ STAC, Mock Trial)
- Texas Young Lawyer’s Association National Trial Competition (NTC, Mock Trial)
- New York City Bar’s National Moot Court Competition
- American Bar Association’s National Appellate Advocacy Competition
Interactive Panels about Mock Trial, Moot Court & ADR:
Something for everyone. Half of the presentations will apply to all facets of competition teams with the other half being divided into three tracks: Mock Trial, Moot Court and ADR. Elizabeth Lippy, American University Washington College of Law, is this year’s Chair of the Mock Trial track. Rob Galloway, South Texas College of Law, is this year’s Chair of the Moot Court track. Nancy Schultz, Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law, is this year’s Chair of the ADR track.
- Update on the new ABA Experiential Credit Requirements;
- Picking the Right Team for the Right Competition;
- Arbitration v. Trial: Similarities & Differences;
- Winning Themes & Theory;
- Practice Progression;
- Preparing Advocates for the Unforeseeable; and
- Implicit Biases in the Realm of Competition.
- Professor Kellie Casey, Georgia
- Professor Erika S. McArdle, Stetson
- Professor Dennis M. Cota, U.C. Davis
- Professor Susan G. Poehls, Loyola LA
- Professor Jules Epstein, Temple
- Professor Grant Rost, Liberty
- Professor Kelly Feeley, Stetson
- Professor David Schott, Denver
- Professor Rob Galloway, South Texas
- Professor Nancy Schultz, Chapman
- Professor Aimee Ghosh, American
- Professor Adam Shlahet, Fordham
- Professor Brandi Harden, Howard
- Professor Larry Teply, Creighton
- Professor Joseph Lester, Faulkner
- Professor Dan R. Tilly, Campbell
- Professor Elizabeth L. Lippy, American
- Professor Jeremy Widder, American
- Professor Lindsey Cloud Mervis, Catholic
- Professor Toni Young, U.C. Hastings
*** If you are a Moot Court or ADR Coach and would like to be on a panel, please contact Elizabeth Lippy at email@example.com***
The registration fee for the clinic is $250.00. If your school sends more than one coach, then the second and subsequent fee will be $150.00. Please note that this fee includes all meals. Register now.
****REGISTER BEFORE JULY 1st AND RECEIVE A $50.00 DISCOUNT BY USING PROMO CODE “EARLY50”****
*Discounts cannot be combined.
For more information please email Elizabeth (Liz) Lippy at firstname.lastname@example.org.