The exam deferral request form is located on the Office of the Registrar MyWCL page under Department Documents. Please read the information below before submitting the form
All students are required to take examinations as scheduled with the exception of the following six grounds only:
- Physical inability to take the examination;
- Personal necessity, which includes emergency situations and religious observances;
- Three examinations scheduled on three consecutive days, in which event one of the three may be deferred;
- For part-time students with a documented full-time obligation on the days in question, two examinations scheduled on two consecutive days, in which event one of the two may be deferred;
- An examination scheduled in the morning (9:00 a.m.) following an examination the evening before (6:00 p.m.); and/or
- Two or more examinations scheduled on the same calendar day.
Documentation is required for grounds 1, 2, (emergency situations), 4 and 6.
Please read the information below before submitting the form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Examinations may be deferred only through the Office of the Registrar. When an examination is deferred, it may be deferred only to one of the next two available examination periods during which deferred examinations are scheduled and in which the rescheduled examination would not again be subject to deferral under the conditions outlined above.
Exams may not be taken earlier than their scheduled dates. Travel plans will not be considered a personal necessity unless the original exam date was changed after the purchase of tickets. Deferred examinations must be taken before the first day of the subsequent term (spring, summer, fall).