State Government Page on Trade Policy and Evidence Based Drug Pricing
Communications from States to Federal Government Officials
- Letter from state Representatives Sharon Anglin Treat (ME), Ginny Lyons (VT), Kathleen C. Keenan (VT), Charles F. Weed (NH), and State Senator Peggy Rotundo (ME) to U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk. September 16, 2010.
- Letter from VT State Senator Ginny Lyons and VT State Representative Keenan to President Obama. August 27, 2010.
- Letter from VT Governor Douglas to DHHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. May 3, 2010.
- Letter from ME Governor Baldacci to DHHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. April 27, 2010.
- Testimony to Interagency Special 301 Panel. March 3, 2010:
- Written Submissions to the U.S. Trade Representative for the 2010 Special 301 Report:
- Joint submissions of the National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices Working Group on Trade, the Vermont Commission on International Trade and State Sovereignty, and the Forum on Democracy and Trade.
- Maine Citizen Trade Policy Commission
- National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices (NLARx)
- Vermont Commission on International Trade and State Sovereignty
- National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices. Comments to USTR regarding the Korea-US Free Trade Agreement. September 15, 2009.
- Letter from Ginny Lyons, VT State Senator, and Kathleen Keenan, VT State Representative, to Sens. Patrick Leahy and Bernard Sanders, and Rep. Peter Welsh. April 18, 2007.
- Testimony of Sean Flynn on Behalf of the National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices and the Forum on Democracy and Trade before the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means. March 20, 2007.
- Letter from Meg Burton Cahill, AZ State Senator, and Kevin Ryan, CT State Representative, to Rep. Sander Levin and the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Trade, (March 18, 2007).
- Letter from Sharon Treat and Sean Flynn to U.S. Senate Finance Committee on Prescription Drug Price Negotiation (January 11, 2007).
- Letter from WA Governonr Christine Gregoire to U.S. Trade Representative Rob Portman. March 13, 2006.
- Letter from WA State Representatives Paull Shin, Maralyn Chase, Dawn Morrell and Tami Green to their federal Congressional delegation. March 2, 2006.
- Letter from California state Senators Figuera and Kuehl to U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick. February 16, 2005.
- Letter from NLARx Legislative Working Group on Trade and Prescription Drugs to US Trade Representative Ron Portman. Signed by stat Representatives Kevin Ryan (CT), Meg Burton-Cahill (AZ), Roy Takumi (HI), Maralyn Chase (WA), David Guttenberg (AK), and John Patrick (ME), and State Senators Mark Montigny (MA), Liz Figueroa (CA), and Dan Foster (WV). August 20, 2005.
- Vermont State Senate Joint Resolution Relating to International Trade Agreements and Pharmaceutical Drug Programs. J.R.S. 50. 2005.
Other State Documents
- National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices, Brief Overview of Industry/Government Efforts to Undermine Evidence-Based Pricing and Reimbursement Policies, (February 19, 2009).
- Transcript of Sharon Treat's Remarks on the Panel Achieveing Innovation + Access in Global Pharmaceutical Markets. Washington College of Law, (February 19, 2009).
- ME State Rep. Sharon Treat and AZ State Sen. Meg Burton Cahill, Letter to Stanford Professor John Barton on his proposal for a trade agreement to limit reference pricing of drugs, (May 18, 2009).