Free Trade Agreements
Texts of Finalized FTAs
- Korea Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: June 30, 2007).
- Panama Trade Promotion Agreement. (Signed: June 28, 2007).
- Colombia Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: Nov. 22, 2006).
- Peru Trade Promotion Agreement. (Signed: Apr. 12, 2006).
- Central America Free Trade Agreement - (CAFTA-DR) (Signed: 2004-2006).
- Bahrain Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: Aug. 14, 2004).
- Morocco Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: June 15, 2004).
- Australia Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: May 18, 2004).
- Chile Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: June 6, 2003).
- Singapore Free Trade Agreement. (Concluded: Jan. 15, 2003).
- Jordan Free Trade Agreement. (Signed: October 24, 2000).
Texts of FTAs Under Negotiation
- Malaysia Free Trade Agreement. (Intent to Negotiate Established: Mar. 8, 2006).
- SACU Free Trade Agreement. (Negotiations Launched: June 2, 2003).
- UAE Free Trade Agreement. (Intent to Negotiate Established: Nov. 15, 2004).
USTR Documents on Uncompleted FTAs
Related PIJIP Pages
- General Accounting Office Report Prepared for House Oversight Committee. U.S. Trade Policy Guidance on WTO Declaration on Access to Medicines May Need Clarification. (Oct. 30, 2005).
- Reps. Waxman, Allen, McDermott, Doggett, Schakowski, Stark, DeGette, Van Hollen, Lee, Blumenauer, Lewis and Emanuel. Letter to U.S. Trade Representative Susan Schwab. (Mar. 12, 2007).
- Congressional Research Service. Intellectual Property and the Free Trade Agreements: Innovation Policy Issues. (Dec. 21, 2005).
- House Committee on Government Reform - Minority Staff. Special Investigations Division. Report prepared for Rep. Henry Waxman. Trade Agreements and Access to Medications Under the Bush Administration. (Jun. 9, 2005).
Civil Society Documents
- Luis Alonso Garcia. The Center for International Environmental Law. Intellectual Property in the US-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement. (July 2008).
- Center for Policy Analysis on Trade and Health (CPATH). CPATH on New Peru Trade Text: Improvements for Access to Medicines; Threats to Public Health Remain. (July 5, 2007).
- Oxfam America. All Costs, No Benefits: How TRIPS-plus Intellectual Property Rules in the US-Jordan FTA Affect Access to Medicines. Briefing Paper #102. (April, 2007).
- Erika von Kaschke. Oxfam America. "Access to Medicines Means Access to Life: During US tour, Thai activists explain how a trade agreement could limit access to affordable HIV and AIDS drugs." (Dec. 8, 2006).
- M. Fabiana Jorge. MJF International, LLC. IP and FTA's: Significant Issues in : Significant Issues in Current Negotiations and their Current Negotiations and their Relation to US IP LawsRelation to US IP Laws. (Feb. 27, 2006).
- M. Fabiana Jorge. New US trade policy: A turning point? Journal of Generic Medicines (2007) 5, 5 – 8. doi: 10.1057/palgrave.jgm.4950093. (Published online Aug. 14, 2007).