EVENT and WEBCAST: Assoc. for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics: A Post-Argument Discussion, Monday, April 15 at 4:30pm
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court series, counsel for parties and amici will discuss intellectual property cases on the afternoon of oral argument, addressing the reaction of the Court at oral argument. The Supreme Court will address whether human genes are patentable. Live webcast and event information: http://www.pijip-impact.org/events/molecular-pathology-v-myriad/
- Jorge Contreras, American University Washington College of Law, Moderator
- Chris Hansen, American Civil Liberties Union Foundation, Counsel for Petitioners, Association for Molecular Pathology, et al.
- Joshua Sarnoff, Center for Intellectual Property Law and Information Technology, DePaul University College of Law, Counsel for Amici, Fifteen Law Professors, in Support of Petitioners
- Matthew Dowd, Wiley Rein LLP, Counsel for Amicus, James D. Watson, Ph.D, in Support of Neither Party
- David Forman, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP, Counsel for Amicus, Target Discovery, Inc., in Support of Affirmance
- Arti Rai, Duke University School of Law, Commentator