JD Orientation 2013
We look forward to you joining our law school community and pursuing your legal studies at American University Washington College of Law. Compiled on this page is information regarding Orientation activities and other helpful tips to better prepare for the start of classes.
We suggest you dress comfortably for Orientation activities.
Orientation Week Schedules and Activities
Full Schedule will be posted in late July. Here are the dates for the required activities:
- First-year Part-time students: required activities in the evenings of Wednesday, 8/21 and Thursday 8/22 and Saturday, 8/24. Optional BBQ and Student Organization Fair on Friday evening 8/23.
- First-year Full-time Students: required activities during the day on Thursday 8/22 and Friday 8/23. Optional BBQ and Student Organization Fair on Friday evening of 8/23.
- Transfer and Visiting Students: required activities 5:30-9:00 pm on Thursday 8/22. Optional BBQ and Student Organization Fair on Friday evening of 8/23.
Free parking in the WCL Garage (entrance on Massachusetts Ave.) during all Orientation activities but no overnight parking allowed. WCL Direct Shuttle from Tenleytown runs every 15 minutes. See transportation info posted below.
Optional Orientation Week Activities
- IMBY (In My Back Yard) Public Service Day
Save the Date, Tuesday, 8/20 (details to be posted in July)
First-Year Diversity Day
Save the Date, Wednesday, 8/21 (details to be posted in July)
- Academic Calendar
- Pence Law Library
- Laptop Wireless Configuration
- AU ID Cards (Online Photo Submission)
- EagleBuck$ (store money on your ID card for use on and off campus)
- News and Information Feeds (RSS/Atom)
- Course/Emergency Notice Alerts (Receive notices via SMS or email)
- Health Center
Maps & Transportation
Tenleytown-AU Metro Shuttle