Sustainable Development Law & Policy
Exploring How Today's Development Affects Future Generations Around the Globe
Sustainable Development Law & Policy ("SDLP") is a student-run initiative at American University, Washington College of Law that focuses on reconciling the tensions between environmental sustainability, economic development, and human welfare. The SDLP journal embraces an interdisciplinary approach to provide a fuller view of current legal, political, and social developments. Our mission is to serve as a valuable resource for practitioners, policy makers, and concerned citizens promoting sustainable development throughout the world.
APPLICATION: Are you interested in being a part of SDLP? Please see our application here!
To subscribe or be placed on our mailing list, click here.
|Volume XIII 2012-2013||Environmental Justice and Equity|
|Volume XII 2011-2012||
Rio + 20
Climate Law Reporter 2012
Natural Resource Conflicts
|Sustainable Development in the Urban Environment
Climate Law Reporter 2011
Trade, Investment, and Sustainable Development
|Journal du Droit et Politique du Développement Durable Eté 2010
Revista del Derecho y la Poltica del Desarrollo Sostenible Verano 2010
Past Contributors Include:
Sustainable Development in the Courts -- Fall 2009
- Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger, Center for International Sustainable Development Law: The Role of International Forums in the Advancement of Sustainable Development
- James R. May, Widener University: Not at All: Environmental Sustainability in the Supreme Court
- Shyami Fernando Puvimanasinghe: Towards a Jurisprudence of Sustainable Development in South Asia: Litigation in the Public Interest
Global Clean Technology -- Spring 2009
- Stephen Humphreys, International Council on Human Rights Policy: Perspective: Technoloy Transfer and Human Rights: Joining Up the Dots
- Federico Caprotti, University College London, Department of Geography: China's Cleantech Landscape; The Renewable Energy Technology Paradox
- Stephen Kho, Bernd G. Janzen, & Holly M. Smith, Akin Gump: Border Adjustment Measures in Proposed U.S. Climate Change Legislation: A New Chapter in America's Leadership on Climate Change?
Climate Law Reporter -- Winter 2009
- Dr. Allen D. Hecht, Director for Sustainable Development, Ofice of Research and Development of the U.S. EPA: Resolving the Climate Wars
- Les Lo Baugh & William L. Troutman, Environmental Practice Group of Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.: Assessing the Challenges of Geologic Carbon Capture and Sequestration: A California GUide to the Cost of Reducing CO2 Emissions
- Jacqueline Peel & Lee Godden, Melbourne Law School: Planning for Adaptation to Climate Change: Landmark Cases from Australia
Global Food & Agriculture -- Fall 2008
- Meredith Niles, Coordinator of the Cool Foods Campaign: Sustainable Soils: Reducing, Mitigating, and Adapting to Climate Change with Organic Agriculture
- Terrence P. Stewart & Stephen J. Norton, Law Office of Stewart and Stewart: The Global Food Crisis: Urgent Need and Emerging Solutions
- Simon Nicholson, American University: Commentary: Genetically Modified Organisms and Global Hunger: A Real Solution?
Sustainable Development Law and Policy