- National Sports Law Negotiation Competition, September 28-30. The competition is held in San Diego this year at Thomas Jefferson School of Law. For a link to this year's flyer, click here. The competition in September is already full, however, interested students should mark their calendars for the same program next year.
- The 20th Annual Cutting Edge Conference will take place at Gallier Hall in New Orleans, Louisiana on September 27-29, 2012. Seminars will address music licensing, film distribution, litigation, revenue sharing and much more. For registration information, visit http://cuttingedgenola.com/register/.
- The 3rd Annual Conference on Sports and Entertainment Law hosted by the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University will be held Saturday, October 27, 2012 in Tempe, Arizona. Visit the University's site for more information on registration here.
- The Mardi Gras Sports Law Invitational Competition hosted by Tulane University Law School is planned tentatively for February 6-8, 2013. Registration for the event is this fall, so check here for more details and information.
- The National Sports Law Student Writing Competition's deadline for 2012 has already passed. However, the deadline for 2013 should be posted soon. Check for updates here, as any student in good academic standing from an accredited law school can enter the competition.
- The NSLNC Board and the Center for Sports Law & Policy at Thomas Jefferson School of Law,is hosting the third annual National Sports Law Negotiation Competition. This year, law schools are limited to signing up one team of two competitors through June 1, 2013. There will also be a Sports Law Conference on Friday, September 20, 2013 at the Law School.
Please visit the NSLNC website for additional information: www.tjsl.edu/conferences/nslnc.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution James Boskey Writing Competition
Entry deadline: June. Award: $1,000 and posting on the Section's website. Tell me more
- Antitrust Law Writing Competition. Article submission deadline: January
Award: $2,000 and registration fee, transportation, lodging and luncheon at Antitrust Spring Meeting in Washington, DC. Second Place Award: $500. Tell me more
- Entertainment and Sports Industry and the Recording Academy Entertainment Law Initiative (ELI) Annual GRAMMY® Foundation Entertainment Law Initiative (ELI) Writing Contest. Entry deadline: January. Award: $5,000 and all expense paid trip to the Grammy Awards. For additional information, visit Facebook.com and search for "The Entertainment Law Initiative". If you are not a Facebook user simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Contract Law Student Writing Competition. Entry Deadline: September. Award: $5,000; publication in the Public Contract Law Journal; and possible presentation of paper at the Federal Procurement Institute. For details, contact Marilyn Neforas (312.988.5596)