Dean Grossman to Participate in Conference of Chief Justices Midyear Meeting
Dean Claudio Grossman will participate in the Conference of Chief Justices (CCJ) Midyear Meeting, held Jan. 26-30 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. This year’s conference focuses on “Access to Justice During Difficult Budget Times.” Dean Grossman will serve as moderator of the meeting’s Education Session, featuring presentations by a panel of distinguished chief justices from South, Central, and North America. The high-profile panel will discuss efforts to improve access to justice in their court systems.
- Mariano Germán Mejía, president, Supreme Court of Justice and the Judicial Branch Council, Dominican Republic
- Laurita Hilário Vaz, judge of the Superior Court of Justice, Brazil
- Milton Juica Arancibia, minister and former president, Supreme Court of Justice, Chile
- Luis Paulino Mora Mora, president, Supreme Court of Justice, Costa Rica
- Javier Zapata Ortiz, president, Supreme Court of Justice, Republic of Colombia
CCJ convenes the highest judicial officers of the states to meet and discuss matters of importance in improving the administration of justice, rules and methods of procedure, and the organization and operation of state courts and judicial systems. Read more about The CCJ.
While in Puerto Rico, Dean Grossman will host a lunchtime gathering for alumni on Jan. 28 at Latitudes Pan-gean Cuisine in San Juan.