- Program on Judicial Reform Examines Developments in Latin America July 14-25 (07/15/14)
- American University Washington College of Law to Welcome Judy Smith '86, Founder and President of Leading Strategic and Crisis Communications Firm, as 2014 Commencement Speaker (05/09/14)
- American University Washington College of Law Welcomes Nearly 100 Teams to 19th Annual Inter-American Moot Court Competition (05/08/14)
- Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law Plans Immersive Summer Program, Celebrates 15 Year Milestone (04/08/14)
- Current and Former Senior Government and Corporate Lawyers to Discuss "Corporate Counterterrorism" at Public Symposium (03/21/14)
- Additional recent releases...
American University Washington College of Law In the News...
July 12, Huffington Post - Professor Anita Sinha penned an op-ed on the arrival of unaccompanied Central American children to the U.S. MORE
June 23, E & E – Professor Amanda Leiter is quoted about the U.S. Supreme Court’s EPA decision. MORE
June 18 & 19, ABC 7, Chicago Tribune, Diane Rehm, ESPN, Kojo Nnamdi Show, Time Magazine, Wall Street Journal - The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office cancelled the federal registration of the Washington NFL team's name and related trademarks. Professors Christine Haight Farley and Victoria Phillips provided analysis for several media outlets. MORE
June 18, Washington Post – In this op-ed, Professor Stephen Vladeck discusses whether the U.S. violates international law when employing overseas “kidnapping” to capture terrorism suspects. MORE
June 17, Federal News Radio – In this interview, Adjunct Professor Daniel Metcalfe discusses how often the federal government intervenes in record requests involving non-federal agencies. MORE
June 17, Washington Post – LL.M. Student Saba Ahmed made headlines for her questions asked of a Heritage Foundation panel on Benghazi. MORE
June 16, Baltimore Sun – In this op-ed, Professor Amanda Frost calls for Congress to take action on Immigration Reform. MORE
June 13, MSNBC – Professor Stephen Vladeck discusses whether President Obama could act to use military force in Iraq without asking Congress for permission. MORE
- Legal Spanish Returns this Fall
- AUWCL Co-Sponsors Community-Oriented Defender Network Conference
- Reception Held for D.C.-Area Clerks
- AUWCL Mourns the Loss of Former Dean Fred Anderson
- Alumni Dinner in Cleveland, July 21
- Dean Grossman Teaches at the International Institute of Human Rights
- Third Annual Judicial Reform Program
- More recent news...
Recent American University Washington College of Law Highlights: