Winners of the 2014 Marshall-Brennan National High School Moot Court Competition with the competition judges.
From left: Eugenia Anane-Wae, Markaya Hill, Jude Schneider, Judge Prost, Judge Sanchez, Xavier Sottile, Julia Silverstein.
National Marshall-Brennan High School Moot Court Competition
The 2015 National Marshall-Brennan High School Moot Court Competition will take place on March 27-29, 2015.
The National Marshall-Brennan Moot Court Competition serves as an opportunity for high school students participating in Marshall-Brennan classes to showcase their oral advocacy skills, network, and learn about careers in the law.
Eugenia Anane-Wae (ASU) - Petitioner
Julia Silverstein (Yale) – Respondent
2014 Runners Up:
Markaya Hill – (ASU) – Respondent
Xavier Sottile (Yale) – Petitioner
This year, the Marshall-Brennan National Moot Court Competition will take place April 4-6, 2014. Please find important dates and information below for this year's competition.
Judge the National Competition! If you would like to sign up to judge the National Competition, please click here.
Below please find important information for competitors, coaches, and judges.
Deadlines: February 1 is the deadline for the final competitor headcount.
Online Registration: Coaches/Chaperones must register all participants (including competitors, parents, coaches/chaperones) here no later than February 25, 2014.
Schedule of Events. Please note that this is a preliminary schedule of events and not a final draft, and as such could be subject to change.
Instructions and documents for Competitors, Coaches, and Parents
1. Parent Letter/Release Form
The Parent Release Form provides competition information for parents/guardians of participanting students. Each participant must sign and submit the corresponding release form. If the participant is under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must also sign the release form. For each participant, please print, sign, scan, and email the release form to email@example.com by February 25, 2014.
The document also provides a form letter to notify school officials that the student will be absent on Friday, April 4, 2014 to attend the competition.
2. Photo Consent Form
All participants must submit a Photo Consent Form. For each participant, please print, sign, scan, and email a photo release to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2014. If the participant is under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must also sign the consent form.
3. Competitor and Coach/Chaperone Information
Please use the following briefs and competition rules for your reference:
- 2014 Petitioner's Brief
- 2014 Respondent's Brief
- 2014 Bench Memorandum
- Moot Court Score Sheet
- National Competition Rules
- Incidental Costs and Visitor's Guide
Additionally, the Letter to Coaches/Chaperones provides important competition information and a preparation checklist.
How do I get there?
Directions to American University, Washington College of Law can be found at the link below. The link includes maps, driving, walking, and metro directions: https://www.wcl.american.edu/direction/maps.cfm
Parking will be available in the WCL garage.
American University provides a complimentary shuttle service from the Tenleytown Metro to the Main Campus and the Washington College of Law. The shuttle schedule can be found here: https://www.wcl.american.edu/direction/metro.cfm
Other Useful Information
Below please find a breakdown of the schedule for the weekend, as well as an Incidental Costs and Visitor's Guide.
- Incidental Costs and Visitor's Guide
- Competition hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase in Chevy Chase, Maryland, just one metro stop from AU/Tenleytown. All delegation leaders must submit names to Claire Griggs no later than March 1, 2014. Click here for more information about the hotel. Only competitors, chaperones, or directors will have reserved rooms through the Nationals block, and may only reserve these rooms by giving their names to Claire Griggs no later than March 1. If you are not a competitor, chaperone, or director, but would like to stay at the hotel, the hotel may have additional availability outside the reserved Nationals block. Please contact Maryam Ahranjani or Claire Griggs at email@example.com for more details about the rooms.
For questions or concerns, please call Maryam Ahranjani at 202-274-4387 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at the competition!