Following is a calendar of events for the DC Chapter of the Marshall-Brennan Project. For a list of events for other local chapters please visit your local chapter webpage.
- April 1-2: National Marshall-Brennan High School Moot Court Competition, Drexel University Law School, Philadelphia, PA
- April 8: Spring Karchmer Moot Court Competition for DC area Marshall-Brennan High School students.
February 22: C-SPAN commemorates the 40th Anniversary of the landmark First Amendment case Tinker v. Des Moines Independent School District. Guests on the show include petitioner Mary Beth Tinker, Professor Maryam Ahranjani, and Tom Hutton, a senior attorney with the National School Boards Association.
August 18-19: Orientation for new Marshall-Brennan teachers in Washington, D.C.
August 31: Law students begin teaching in Montgomery County public high schools
- September 17: Celebrate Consitution Day
November 21: William H. Karchmer fall high school moot court competition for D.C.-area Marshall-Brennan students
- May 19: William H. Karchmer End-of-Year Celebration for Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project schools
- August 17-18: Marshall-Brennan DC Fellows Orientation, American University Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- September 17: Constitution Day! See teaching modules on Marshall-Brennan homepage.
- September 24-26: Constitution From the Courts: The Next Amendment, national conference, American University Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- November 13: DC Chapter Fall Moot Court Competition, American University Washington College of Law , Washington, DC
- February 16: Careers in Education Law Panel - This fabulous panel featured attorneys working in Education Law with great insight into careers available in the field.
Listen to the Podcast!
Panelists included: Eric Lerum, former Chief of Staff to the Deputy Mayor for Education in Washington, DC, Rachel Levinson, Senior Counsel at the American Association of University Professors, Julie Miceli, the Chief of Staff and Special Counsel to the Federal General Counsel, and Sarah Tomkins, an educational attorney at the Law Office of Donna L. Wulkan. Biographies available by following this link.