Meet our ILSP Students
The International Legal Studies LL.M. Program at American University Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C. is one of the top programs in the United States and is renowned worldwide. For more than 30 years, the Program has been at the forefront of international legal education. The resources and opportunities available at the law school are one-of-a-kind — from externships with leading organizations to renowned faculty who are deeply involved in the international community.
International Legal Studies Program: Spring 2013 LLM Executive Board
Hi LLM students!
The LLM Board is pleased to welcome you to Washington College of Law (WCL). We hope you have a great time during your studies and that you are able to take full advantage of this amazing program. Since most of you are new in town, don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are also your connection with the school; therefore, you can pass by our office or write us an email at anytime.
Hope you enjoy this experience!!
The LLM Board
WCL Room 609
International Student Lounge
Telephone: (202) 274-4485
Meet the Fall 2013 LLM Board
LAURA RUEDA | SPAIN
- President –
I am a Spanish lawyer with a bachelor´s degree in “Business and Management” from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. I studied one year in Italy through Erasmus, a European scholarship. After finishing my studies, I completed an internship with Baker and McKenzie, specifically working in the department of labor. Currently, I am an LLM Candidate at WCL specializing in International Commercial Arbitration.
IDA GRÆNDSEN | NORWAY
- Vice President for Social Affairs –I am a Norwegian lawyer with a master degree from the University of Oslo, where I wrote my thesis on employment law. During my law studies I have worked part time in a law firm in Oslo where I also had an internship, working mainly with business law and contracts. Last semester I spent in Florence, Italy, where I studied Italian. I am currently an LL.M candidate at WCL specializing in Intellectual Property law.
HAROLD GODSOE | CANADA
- Vice President for Academic Affairs –
I am a Canadian LLM student, specializing in trade law and regional integration. Previously, I worked as a judicial research assistant with the Caribbean Court of Justice in Trinidad. I'm a native of Nova Scotia and I've spent extensive time living abroad in Tunisia, Sri Lanka, France, Japan, and the United States.
JOHANNA FONSECA | COLOMBIA
- Human Rights Director –I am a Colombian Lawyer with a technical degree in “Business and Industrial Engineering” from Icesi University, Santiago de Cali, Colombia. I created my own company of importations, which is located in Cali, Colombia. The last two years, I have been working at Indian Law Resource Center in Washington D.C., as legal intern on issues related to litigation before the Inter-American System on Human Rights of Indigenous People, International Organizations and American Domestic Law. Currently, I am LL.M student at American University, Washington College of Law, specializing in Human Rights and international Organizations.
DRAGOS STANA | ROMANIA
- Treasury -
I received my Bachelor's in Law Degree from West University in Timisoara, Romania. During my years spent in Romania I was an entrepreneur and co-founded a non-profit organization. I am currently enrolled in the LLM program at American University and specializing in International Business and Trade. I received my Bachelor's in Law Degree from West University in Timisoara, Romania. During my years spent in Romania I was an entrepreneur and co-founded a non-profit organization. I am currently enrolled in the LLM program at American University and specializing in International Business and Trade.
CARLA CHAPMAN | UNITED STATES
- Secretary -I am an American LL.M. student from Michigan specializing in business and trade law. I completed my J.D. at Marquette University and passed the New York bar in July 2012. I have spent time studying in Germany, Denmark and France. Thus far my work experience has been in the judicial and non-profit sectors.
ADRIANA MURAKAMI | COLOMBIA
- Public Relation Director -
I am a Colombian lawyer with specialization in Criminal Law. I am a former federal prosecutor for the Colombian government, responsible for the investigation and prosecution of a range of crimes in one of Colombia's most dangerous jurisdictions. I also worked for the State Department assisting the Consul General with diplomatic protocol matters and as the principal liaison between U.S. Consulate staff and community groups in Karachi. I am pursuing my LLM program with an emphasis in International Organizations and Human Rights to continue developing my career as an advocate of victims of crimes and to promote respect for Human Rights.
ADEBISI OYELADE | NIGERIA
- Organization and Events Director -I am Adebisi Oyelade from Nigeria. I graduated from the University of Lagos, Nigeria in 2008 before proceeding to the Nigerian Law School, Abuja. I was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2009. From 2010 to 2012, I worked in the firm of F.O. Fagbohungbe & Co. I am currently an LLM candidate in International Business Law at the American University.