Become an SAB member
Student Advisory Board (SAB) members are selected every January and serve for a full calendar year. They are active through the spring, summer and subsequent fall semesters.
- Meet weekly with the Center's executive director
- Provide support for existing projects
- Assist in the development of future programs
- Help evaluate completed projects
- Attend monthly skills development workshops on topics such as grant writing, media relations, fundraising, public speaking, lobbying and strategic planning
- Have unique access to hearings, briefings and receptions in the larger Washington, DC human rights community
- Are responsible for creating at least one SAB-initiated and directed project for the AUWCL community
- Provide peer mentorship and promote opportunities for the involvement of other students pursuing careers in human rights law
- Commit at least 15 hours per month to SAB-related activities.
Click here to download the application for the 2013 Student Advisory Board. Applications are due Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:00pm (NOON). Please email your application to email@example.com, with "Student Advisory Board" as the subject.