Human Rights Week 2014
During the week of February 10 - 14, the Student Human Rights Collaboration Committee (SHRCC), in conjunction with the Center for Human Rights & Humanitarian Law, the Kay Spiritual Life Center, the Ethics, Peace and Global Affairs Program, and all of the Deans of American University, will hold a week of human rights events and activities on the campus of American University. Each day will have a specific theme and organizations and individuals are encouraged to propose an event to fit into the theme of the day, and event topics will include gender perspectives and discussion of cross-cutting or intersectional issues.
The themes for each day will be as follows:
- Monday, Feb 10: Right to Education
- Tuesday, Feb 11: Criminal Justice
- Wednesday, Feb 12: Human Rights and the Environment
- Thursday, Feb 13: Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Friday, Feb 14: LGBTQ Rights
For frequently asked questions about Human Rights Week 2014, click here.