Dean B.J. Tennery
1967-1970

The following information relates to the School from 1967 to 1971.

Location of the Law School
Myers Hall

Number of students
1967: 496 students: 288 full-time (15 women, 273 men)

Faculty & staff
1967: 13 full-time, 12 part-time professors
1969: 13 full-time, 10 part-time professors

Admissions
1967-1968: Last year combined degree program in effect
1968: Median LSAT 558

Degrees granted
1966-67: 169 J.D. degrees conferred

Library
1967: 40,600 volumes; Stanley J. Bougas, M.S.L.S., LL.B. becomes law librarian
1970: Peyton R. Neal Jr. becomes law librarian

Student Publications
1966-1969: The Innuendo
1969-1970: F.R.E.D.
1970: The Matrix begins publication

Curriculum
1967: 80 semester hours required; day classes 9am-1pm; Sat. classes 9am-1pm (electives); 57 hours of 21 required courses
1970: Clinical programs launched; Honor Code; Institute for Studies in Justice and Social Behavior, 3-year grant from the U.S. Department of Human Services

Tuition & Miscellaneous
1967: Tuition $1,550/year, full-time

Groups & Organizations
Six prof. Fraternities at WCL
1966: John F. Kennedy Inn of Phi Delta Phi Law Fraternity (Prof. Kittrie, founding adviser)
1968: BLSA chapter
1969: National Lawyer's Guild chapter; 1970: Law School Council


- Timeline Brochure: Washington College of Law in Celebration of its Centennial: Facts and Events 1896-1996. Compiled by Karen Monroe, '82; Audrey Pia, '84; Di Horvath '86; Lisa Longo, '88; Susan Notar, '90; Melissa McGill, '94; Lycia Watts, '96; under directio of Dr. Paul Purta, Consultant and former Associate Dean for Institutional Advancement.

- Back -