Public Interest Loan Repayment Assistance Program (PILRAP)
Application Process for 2013
Applications for 2013 were due on October 31, 2012. Applications are no longer being accepted.
- Calendar Year 2013 PILRAP Application, Employment Verification Form, and Application Checklist (for reference only - please do not submit - application period has ended)
- PILRAP Non-Tax File Form
- Signed PILRAP application for the current year.
- Signed copy of federal tax return for the most recent calendar year with schedules and W-2 Form.
- Signed copy of spouse's federal tax return for the most recent calendar year with schedules and W-2 Form (if applicable).
- Current repayment information on all qualifying existing loans.
- Verification of employment - documentation from employer of qualifying employment (template provided).
|October 31, 2012||Application Deadline|
|December, 2012||Decisions Mailed|
|Early (before April) 2013||Award checks issued|
Eligibility for program participation must be reestablished each year. A new application and supporting documents must be submitted by the established deadline for award renewal or for PILRAP loan forgiveness to be determined. Failure to reapply will result in loss of assistance.
In an effort to create an informal community of PILRAP participants as well as a resource for new and potential PILRAP participants, please consider the following options and indicate your interest.
As a PILRAP recipient:
___I am willing to have my contact information made available to other current PILRAP participants.
___I am willing to have my contact information made available to potential PILRAP participants.
___I am willing to have my profile published in a PILRAP brochure or newsletter.
___I am willing to participate in a PILRAP panel on campus.
___I am willing to host or help organize a PILRAP function in my area.
Financial Aid Office
Attn: PILRAP/Barbara Williams
American University Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 505
Washington, DC 20016-8187
Telephone: (202) 274-4040 - Facsimile: (202) 274-4107 - Contact: Barbara Williams
Deadline: October 31, 2012
Click here to return to the main PILRAP page.