Submission Guidelines for Course Materials
Please submit packets directly to your administrative assistant. Adjunct faculty should contact the WCL Copy Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Course Materials
- Materials that have been previously copied for your course material packets can be altered and/or reproduced for the next semester. Contact the Copy Center at x4120 if you need help locating previous versions of your course materials.
- We strongly encourage the use of electronic documents (such as PDFs) whenever possible. Many books, casebooks, court materials, articles, etc. are available in electronic format and the Pence Law Library (x4350) has a variety of online services to assist you in acquiring the files you need.
- If an electronic version of a document cannot be found, the FASS office can assist you with scanning materials. Our services also include:
- Preparing a Table of Contents and new Cover Sheet
- Removal of black borders on photocopied documents
- Obtaining additional library materials
- Tabs or colored page dividers between chapters
- There should be at least one inch of space around all submitted materials. This is to ensure that the binding or hole-punches do not interfere with the text.
- Originals should be as clear as possible. If materials are submitted in "camera ready" format, they will be completed much sooner.
Copy Center Guidelines
- Course packets of more than 100 pages will be distributed through the Handout Sales Room (room 465).
- Documents larger than 250 single-sided pages will be broken into multiple volumes.
- In order to limit costs and conserve resources, we will prepare your course materials unbound and three-hole punched. Students can reuse 3-ring binders (which can be provided by the Handout Sales room) to organize their materials. Exceptions can be made upon request.
- Full-time faculty can submit documents to their administrative assistant for final proofing.
- Adjunct professors should contact email@example.com.
- Alert us ahead of time if you are submitting documents via email. Some email servers delay or prevent large files; so we may not receive them.
In keeping with American University’s copyright procedures, the WCL Copy Center will include the copyright notice in all course packets. The notice will be printed inside the cover page. Also, any electronic course materials saved to flash drives will also carry the copyright statement on the flash drives and in the materials.