Andrea Lee Negroni
Andrea "Lee" Negroni is a financial services regulatory attorney, author of several treatises on the regulation of residential mortgage banking, and an advisor on outsourcing and offshoring business and legal services. She is the attorney-mentor for BuckleySandler LLP.
She is an expert in the law of residential mortgage banking, having worked in-house for two mortgage lenders and in private practice advising mortgage companies. Ms. Negroni has been a frequent public speaker on internet-based lending, consumer financial privacy, telemarketing, and mortgage licensing. Her international experience includes a tour of business process outsource (BPO) and legal process outsource (LPO) companies in India. She has advised financial companies on the risks and benefits of outsourcing core business functions. Earlier, she advised the Ministry of Finance Slovakia on implementation of a private mortgage banking system. Lee guest lectured at the China Foreign Affairs University in Beijing, China in 2013, on "The Role of Law in Civil Society."Lee is a Fellow of the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers (ACCFSL) and was the recipient of the 2012 Vincent Reed Award of the Washington Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs.
She was a partner with Goodwin Procter LLP (2000-2004) and the founding partner of Negroni & Kromer (1992-2000). She was executive vice president of Skyline Financial Services Corporation, a national real estate asset management firm, and associate general counsel of The Prudential Home Mortgage Company, a subsidiary of the Prudential Insurance Company of America.
She is the author of Residential Mortgage Lending: State Regulation Manual and Residential Mortgage Lending: Brokers (©Thomson Reuters), co-author of Pratt’s State Regulation of Second Mortgages and Home Equity Loans (©A.S. Pratt/Sheshunoff), author (with Jeremiah S. Buckley) of Introduction to Mortgage Lending (©American Bankers Association), and has written many articles on consumer credit regulation. Her popular article, "What They Didn't Teach You in Law School" appeared in The Washington Lawyer. Her column, "Real Cases in Real Estate" appears on the Lexis/Nexis Real Estate Community website. She received her J.D. from Columbia University School of Law and her B.A. from Emory University. Ms. Negroni is a member of the District of Columbia and Florida Bar Associations, and the Puerto Rican American Womens League.
There are no classes currently associated with this professor.
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.A., Emory University
- Andrea Lee Negroni & Jeremiah S. Buckley, Introduction to Mortgage Lending (3d ed., American Bankers Association 2009).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, John P. Kromer, & Mary Pfaff, Residential Mortgage Lending: State Regulation Manual (Thomson Reuters 2012).
- Andrea Lee Negroni & John P. Kromer, Residential Mortgage Lending: Brokers (Thomson Reuters 2012).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, What They Didn't Teach You in Law School, Wash. Lawyer 33 (Dec. 2010).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, Mortgage Brokers: What Fiduciary Duties Exist?, Mortgage Banking (Oct. 2010).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, Meltdown Pushes More Fiduciary Duties on Mortgage Brokers, Mortgage Banking (Oct. 2010).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, The Facts on FACTA: The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions, Scotsmans Guide (Aug. 2005).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, Translating Disclosures for the Hispanic Market, Mortgage Originator (Dec. 2004).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, Marketing Mortgages en Español, Mortgage Banking (Aug. 2002).
- Andrea Lee Negroni, Opportunities in Account Aggregation, Mortgage Banking (Dec. 2000).