Adjunct Professor of Law
A Rhodes Scholar, Professor Kenneth K. Mwenda is Senior Counsel in the Legal Vice-Presidency of the World Bank, Washington DC. He also serves as Extraordinary Professor at the Law Faculty of the University of Pretoria, South Africa. Professor Mwenda holds, among many other qualifications, the esteemed and rarely awarded Higher Doctorate Degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) from Rhodes University, South Africa and a PhD in Corporate Law from the University of Warwick, UK. Professor Mwenda is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), with management qualifications from Cornell University and Georgetown University, respectively. He has also previously served as a law professor at a leading British university, the University of Warwick. In addition, Professor Mwenda has been Visiting Professor of Law at several universities in Europe and Africa. He is the author and editor of twenty-one (21) scholarly books and over seventy (70) peer-reviewed articles in leading law academic journals and law reviews.
There are no classes currently associated with this professor.
Areas of Specialization
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Financial Services
- International Business Law
- International Law
- Securities Regulation
- White Collar Crime
Degrees & Universities
- LL.D., Rhodes University, South Africa
- Ph.D., University of Warwick, UK
- B.C.L., University of Oxford
- M.Phil, University of Oxford
- M.B.A., University of Hull, UK
- L.L.B., University of Zambia
- Kenneth Mwenda, Legal Aspects of Banking Regulation: Common Law Perspectives from Zambia (Pretoria University Law Press 2010).
- Kenneth Mwenda, The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and the COMESA Court: Immunity of an International Organisation from Legal Action, 6 University of Miskolc J. Intl. L. (Winter 2009).
- Kenneth Mwenda & G.N. Muuka, eds., The Challenge of Change in Africa’s Higher Education in the 21st Century (Cambria Press 2009).
- Kenneth Mwenda, Wrongful Trading and Fraudulent Trading in Corporate Insolvency Law: the Case of Zambia, 8 Oxford U. Commonwealth L. J. 93 (2008).
- Kenneth Mwenda & D.A. Ailola, eds,, Frontiers of Legal Knowledge: Business and Economic Law in Context (Carolina Academic Press 2003).
- Kenneth Mwenda & W. Fischer, eds,, Country of Origin – A Law and Economics Approach to the Concept of ‘Made in Australia’ (Josef Eul Verlag 2007).
- Kenneth Mwenda, Legal Aspects of Combating Corruption: the Case of Zambia (Cambria Press 2007).
- Kenneth Mwenda, Legal Aspects of Financial Services Regulation and the Concept of a Unified Regulator (World Bank 2006).
- Kenneth Mwenda & V. Mosoti, eds,, Contemporary Issues in International Economic Law (Josef Eul Verlag 2006).
- Kenneth Mwenda, Anti-Money Laundering Law and Practice: Lessons from Zambia (University of Zambia Press 2005).
- Kenneth Mwenda, Banking Supervision and Systemic Bank Restructuring: An International and Comparative Legal Perspective (Cavendish Publishing 2000).
- Kenneth Mwenda, The Concept of ‘Unsafe and Unsound Practice’ Under Gambia’s Financial Institutions Act 2003, 7 IUP J. Banking & Ins. L. (July-Oct. 2009).
- Kenneth Mwenda, The Ultra Vires Doctrine in Zambia’s Company Law: The Case of Banks and Financial Institutions, 40 Zambia L. J. (2009).
- Kenneth Mwenda, The concept of ‘conducting business in an unsound manner’ under Malawi’s Banking Act 1989, 2 Malawi L. J. (Dec. 2008).
- Kenneth Mwenda, Can ‘Corruption’ and ‘Good Governance’ Be Defined in Legal Terms?, 1 J. Global Change & Governance (Fall 2008).
- Kenneth Mwenda, African Customary Law and Customs: Changes in the Culture of Sexual Cleansing of Widows and the Marrying of a Deceased Brother's Widow, 11 Gonzaga J. Intl. L. (2007-2008).
- Kenneth Mwenda & Gerry N. Muuka, Integration of Capital Markets in Eastern and Southern Africa, in Economic Integration and Development in Africa (Ashgate Publishing 2006).