Billie Jo Kaufman
Associate Dean for Library and Information Resources
Professor of Law
Office: Room 108
Prior to joining the faculty of WCL in 2003, Billie Jo was director of the Law Library & Technology Center and Associate Professor of Law at Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Fl., where she held several positions within the law library system from 1987 until 2003. She also teaches and specializes in advanced legal research; cyberlaw; criminal procedure; legal research and writing and law librarianship. She is a member of the ABA, the AALL, AALS, Southeast Association of Law Libraries, the Law Librarians’ Society of Washington, D.C., Computer Assisted Legal Instruction, and Consortium of Southeast Law Libraries.
There are no classes currently associated with this professor.
Areas of Specialization
- Internet and Computer Law
- Legal Writing, Reasoning and Research
- Post-Graduate Legal Education
- Criminal Law
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University 1990
- M.S., Indiana University, Bloomington 1974
- B.S., Indiana University, Bloomington 1971
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Book Review: Better by Design: An Introduction to Planning and Designing a New Library Build, 30 Lib. Mgt. 660 (2009).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Book Review: Leading and Managing Archives and Record Programs: Strategies for Success, 30 Lib. Mgt. 356 (2009).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Finding and Using Statistics in Legal Research and Writing, 14 Presp.: Teaching L. Research & Writing 150 (Spring 2006).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, A Public View of Attorney Discipline in Florida: Statistics, Commentary, and Analysis of Disciplinary Actions Against Licensed Attorneys in the State of Florida From 1988-2002, 28 Nova L. Rev. 669 (2004).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, How To Push an Elephant Through a Straw: Using Wireless Technology in a Web-Enhanced Skills Program, 15 Intl. Rev. L. Computers & Tech. 281 (2001).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Interesting Books and Magazine Sites on the Internet, SFALL Newsltr. 6 (Winter 2000).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Taking the Wireless Route at NSU, Spectrum 12 (Nov. 1999).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Required to be Wired, L. Tech. Prod. News 108 (Dec. 1998).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Book Review: Fay Rozovsky, Home Health Care Law: Liability and Risk Management, L. Info. Alert 8 (July - Aug. 1994).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Book Review: Fay Rozovsky, Elder Law Portfolio Series, L. Info. Alert 12 (Apr. 1994).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Panelist, Collection Analysis Made Easy: OCLC's WorldCat Collection Analysis Service (American Association of Law Libraries Annual Conference, New Orleans, La., July 14-17, 2007).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Program Coordinator, Rise to the Challenge of the Rating's Game, U.S. News & World Report: Law Schools & Law Libraries (American Association of Law Libraries Annual Conference, New Orleans, La., July 14-17, 2007).
- Billie Jo Kaufman, Panelist, Everything You Wanted to Know About Distance Education But Were Afraid to Ask (Southeast Association of Law Schools Annual Meeting, Amelia Island, Fla., July 29 - Aug. 4, 2004).