Assistant Professor of Law
Office: Room 318
Professor Anderson joined the WCL faculty in 2011. Professor Anderson teaches courses in Patent Law, Trade Secret Law, and Real Property. Before joining the faculty, Professor Anderson was a research fellow with the Berkeley Center for Law & Technology at U.C. Berkeley Law School. Prior to that, he clerked for Judge Alan D. Lourie of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. After law school, he worked in the patent litigation and IP licensing groups at Latham & Watkins in Silicon Valley, California. Professor Anderson’s scholarly work is in the areas of intellectual property, with a particular focus on patent law and entrepreneurship.
Areas of Specialization
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Trade Secrets
- Property Law
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., Harvard University 2006
- B.S., University of Utah 2002
- J. Jonas Anderson, Secret Inventions, 26 Berkeley Tech. L.J. 917 (Spring 2011).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Book Review: Gene Patents and Collaborative Licensing Models, 2 Intell. Prop. L. Book 1 (2011).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Hiding Behind Nationality: The Temporary Presence Exception and Patent Infringement Avoidance, 15 Mich. Telecommun. & Tech. L. Rev. 1 (2008).
Selected Works in Progress
- J. Jonas Anderson & Peter S. Menell, The Market for Patent Litigation, (manuscript in progress).
- J. Jonas Anderson & Peter S. Menell, From De Novo Review to Informal Deference: An Historical, Empirical, and Normative Analysis of the Standard of Appellate Review for Patent Claim Construction, (Sep. 22, 2012).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Presentation, Empirical Claim Construction (11th Intellectual Property Scholars Conference, Depaul University College of Law, Chi., Ill., Aug. 2011).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Presentation, Secret Inventions (10th Intellectual Property Scholars Conference, UC Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley, Cal., Aug. 2011).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Presentation, The Market for Patent Litigation (, Patent Conference, University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kan., Apr. 2011).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Presentation, Do Patents Promote Innovation? (U.C. Hastings College of Law, S.F., Cal., Mar. 2011).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Organizer, Intellectual Property Scholars Conference (UC Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley, Cal., Aug. 2010).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Presentation, Secret Inventions, Infringement Liability, and Bilski (Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash., July 2010).
- J. Jonas Anderson, Presentation, Patent Law at the ITC (Federal Judicial Conference, International Trade Commission, D.C., Oct. 2009).