Assistant Law Librarian
Office: Room 202
John Smith is the Access Services Librarian at the Pence Law Library. He holds a B.A. in English Literature from St. Michael’s College and a M.S.L.S. from the Catholic University of America. Before becoming Access Services Librarian he served as the Serials and Technical Systems Coordinator from 2002-2006. Prior to joining the Pence Law Library in 2002, John worked in various positions at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Library, the University of Connecticut Law Library, Hartford Public Library, and the Clayton College and State University Library.
There are no classes currently associated with this professor.
Degrees & Universities
- M.S.L.S., The Catholic University of America 2006
- B.A., St. Michael's College 1993
- John Smith, Six Things I Didn’t Learn in Library School, 14 AALL Spectrum 8 (2010).
- John Smith, Scenes From An Academic Law Library Makeover, 51 L. Lib. Lights 1 (Winter 2008).
Selected Works in Progress
- John Smith, Vermont State Practice Materials: A Selective Annotated Bibliography, in State Practice Materials, Annotated Bibliographies (Adeen Postar and Frank Houdek eds., William S. Hein forthcoming).
- John Smith, Presenter, Whither the Catalog (L. Libr. Socy. Wash., DC Acad. SIS, Mar. 2008).