Faculty and Staff Parking Information
In order for Faculty and Staff to obtain a parking permit they will need to fill out an online parking permit application at https://www.wcl.american.edu/facilities/parking/. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
Parking rates effective May 1, 2012 are the following:
- Full time faculty and staff: $126 per month
- Part time/temporary staff: $64 per month
- Adjunct faculty: No charge
Since parking spaces are extremely limited in the Yuma and 4801 Mass Ave garage the following criteria was set up to accommodate new staff hires in 2001 and was updated most recently as of August 1, 2006 when parking at the Katzen Arts Center Garage became available. The following policies are in place to assure that those who already have WCL permits would continue to find a parking space and prevent over crowding of the present parking facilities
FULL TIME STAFF
- All new full time staff hires need to park at the Katzen Garage, unless they are replacing someone who has a valid Faculty/Staff permit for the WCL or Yuma Garage, then the permit can be transferred to the new hire. If the permit is declined by the new hire then it becomes available to the waiting list.
- By paying for a permit to park at the Katzen Garage, the employee becomes eligible to be placed on the waiting list for a permit at the Yuma Garage.
- When a full time staff member cancels their Yuma Garage permit, that permit is made available to the waiting list. If the employee, who cancelled their permit, purchases a permit again they have to park at the Katzen Garage.
- Retaining a permit during short-term parking cancellations for maternity leave, illness, off campus assignment, etc. is possible.
PART TIME & TEMPORARY STAFF
- The only option for part time and temporary staff for parking is at the Katzen Garage or Nebraska Lot.
FULL TIME FACULTY
- All full time faculty are allowed to purchase a parking permit for the Yuma Garage.
- There are a limited amount of reserved spaces available for faculty use in the 4801 Mass. Ave. Garage until 5 pm.
- The only option for adjunct faculty parking is in the Yuma Garage.
It would be ideal if we could increase the parking spaces in our present facilities or obtain additional space next to our building. However being located in a primarily residential area, the possibilities are limited and the other commercial parking lots in the area are not available for our expansion. We have been using the spaces reserved for our use at the Katzen Center to meet WCL's increasing requirements . In the fall semester 2005 all part time employees were issued permits to park at the Katzen Center. As of August 2006 we have started to issue Katzen Permits to all new full time staff hires.
- All parking cancellations need to be done in writing and sent to email@example.com. Please include Name, AU ID number, and date of cancellation.