Requirements for Field Placements
The employer/organization must be:
- a not-for-profit organization, or,
- a federal, state or local government agency,
- a federal, state, or administrative court/tribunal
- a law firm, only if they are assigned exclusively to pro bono projects
- must be UNPAID.
- must entail substantive, law-related work.
- must be supervised by a licensed attorney.
- must provide adequate workspace for students to work on site. Working remotely is not permitted.
Requirements for Supervisors
All supervisors are required to sign an employer contract form which outlines their responsibilities.