Registration for 2014 will open in January 2014. Please check back soon for updated information.
Admission & Application
This program is open to:
- Attorneys in private practice seeking to develop or deepen their expertise,
- Government officials and practitioners working to enhance integrity in public service
- LLM and JD students who have taken an international law course and are entering their final year
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Hold a law degree either from a U.S. law school accredited by the American Bar Association or from a foreign law school with equivalent standards; or,
- Be enrolled in a law degree program at a U.S. law school accredited by the American Bar Association or a foreign law school with equivalent standars and have completed the second year of law school and an international law course
- Practitioners in anti-Corruption programs at the discretion of the director
- JD and LLM students who have taken an international law course and are entering their final year
- Evidence of English proficiency
Practitioners, Government Officials & Scholars
The program is open to attorneys, government officials, practitioners and scholars seeking to enhance their anti-corruption expertise through engagement with leading legal experts from teh public and private sector and international organizations. A Certificate of Attendance will be presented upon completion of the program.
To apply please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
NOTE: American University Washington College of Law is an accredited CLE provider for Virginia, Pennsylvania and New York and accreditation will be applied for with these states, together with any other states as requested.
Refund Policy: The $65 application fee is non-refundable. The Program Director may approve a refund of the course fee, provided that a written cancellation is provided at least three days prior to the start of the program.
Visiting LL.M. and JD Students (from ABA Accredited Schools)
Visiting students who wish to enroll in American University Washington College of Law (AUWCL) summer courses must consult and have permission from their home institutions. A letter of good standing and permission to enroll at AUWCL must accompany your request for registration. Once the registration process has been initiated with your home institution, please have them work with you and AUWCL’s Office of the Registrar to finalize the enrollment and registration process.
To apply please complete the REGISTRATION FORM and mail it directly to the Registrar's Office at:
Office of the Registrar
American University Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 304
Washington, DC 20016-8125
Current WCL L.L.M. and JD Students
Current American University Washington College of Law JD and LL.M. students do not need to submit a separate application but should enroll through the myAU portal. All courses are for 1 credit except on the United Nations Conventions Against Corruption, which is for 2 credits. A maximum of 2 credits is available.
The Office of the Register can be reached by: Tel: 202-274-4080, Fax: 202-274-4085, or email at email@example.com.