"Please know every financial gift, no matter the size, is important and necessary. Invest in WCL's future."
-- Karen M. Lockwood '78, Chair of Annual Giving
Partner, Howrey LLP
Washington College of Law's Annual Giving program was established to raise annual contributions for the Law School from alumni/ae and friends. The Annual Giving program includes gifts to restricted funds and unrestricted gifts to the Dean's Discretionary Fund. Annual gifts support such areas as:
- Merit and need based scholarships (full and partial) to current students
- Travel expenses for students to attend moot court competitions in the nation and around the country
- Faculty research grants for published scholarship
- Increased staff and resource tools in the Office of Career & Professional Development
- Summer Fellowships for students providing legal expertise in local non-profit organizations
- Loan repayment assistance to graduates working in public interest organizations
- Purchase of computers and updated software for student research need and usage
- Community efforts and outreach through the Clinical Law Program
- Increased resources to enhance individualized instruction in the Legal Rhetoric & Writing Program
- Acquisition of reference materials and research software for student use in the Library
Capital Campaign Initiatives
- Endowed Scholarship Funds
- Endowed Support for Student Law Journals
- Financial Assistance
- Endowed Support for PILRAP
Faculty and Academic Programs
- Endowed Support for Faculty Research
- Clinics, Centers and Programs
The Myers Society, Washington College of Law's most prestigious annual giving society, recognizes Dean John Sherman Myers and his wife, Alvina Reckman Myers. Myers Society members are an elite group of donors who share Dean Myers' vision of WCL as a leader in legal education. For more information, click here.
The GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade) Society
The Graduates Of the Last Decade (GOLD) Program at WCL is committed to keeping our most recent graduates in touch with their alma mater and with fellow alumni. Through special events and outreach, this group of WCL graduates learns about ways to remain active members of the WCL community. The GOLD Society is an elite giving society for recent graduates. It allows you to receive all the benefits of the Myers Society but with a smaller minimum gift. As GOLD Society members you will be leaders in the alumni community while making a lasting impact at WCL. For more information, click here.
Among the Washington College of Law's most loyal donors, the Consecutive Giving Society recognizes alumni who support the law school for five or more fiscal years (May 1 - April 30). Through their unwavering support, WCL has been able to provide scholarships, attract top-notch students, and recruit world renowned faculty.
Dean's Firm Visit Program
The goal of the Dean’s Firm Visit (DFV) Program is to promote continued excellence in legal education by engaging WCL alumni at law firms in fundraising, career development, and outreach efforts. The DFV provides a forum for alumni to discuss the future of WCL with Dean Claudio Grossman and to learn about the exciting progress of the law school. If you would like more information about DFV coming to your firm, please contact email@example.com or 202.274.4050.